This page contains some legacy content (Adobe pdf files) that may be inaccessible to visitors utilizing screen-reading technologies. We are in the process of upgrading our online technologies to be as accessible as possible for all our visitors. Current Law Students are invited to visit Faculty Support Services in room 3014 of the Law Center for hard copies of the affected files. Thank you for your patience during this transitional process.
Some links on this page require the Adobe Acrobat Reader. These links are identified by the letters 'pdf' in parenthesis after the link-- (pdf). Click this link to download the latest version of Acrobat Reader (opens in a new window).
A Conference in Honor of Professor Robert Spector
Sponsored by: Imprimatur Press, OBA Family Law Section & Oklahoma Law Review
Friday, February 25th
- 1:00-2:00 P.M. in the Bell Courtroom of the Oklahoma College of Law
- William Duncan, Deputy Secretary General, Hague Conference on Private International Law will speak on "The Work on the Hague Conference: Support and Protection of Minors."
- 2:15-4:00 P.M. in the Bell Courtroom of the Oklahoma College of Law
- Brief Presentations by:
- Professor Linda Silberman, Martin Lipton Professor of Law, New York University presenting "Recent Developments in International Child Abduction Cases: Abbott v. Abbott & Neulinger & Shuruk v. Switzerland
- Professor John Sampson, William Benjamin Wynne Professor, University of Texas presenting "Undermining Kulko at Home and Abroad"
- Professor Jeff Atkinson, Adjunct Professor, DePaul University presenting "The Meaning of "Habitual Residence" Under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction"
- Ann Estin, Aliber Family Chair, University of Iowa presenting "Global Child Welfare: The Work of Family Law"
- Linda Elrod, Richard S. Righter Distinguished Professor of Law, Washburn University presenting "Hearing the Voice of the Child Under the Hague Abduction Convention"
- Robert Spector, Glenn R. Watson Chair and Centennial Professor of Law, University of Oklahoma presenting "Accommodating the 1996 Protection of Minors Convention to the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act: Issues for the Drafting Committee"
- The speakers will take questions following their presentations
- 4:00-5:30 P.M. in the Sneed Lounge